You can be assured that we also respect your rights under the Data Protection Act.
This policy explains why we request personal information, how you can give or refuse your consent, what information we request, and who else may have access to it. The only personal information we will have is that voluntarily supplied by you.
Why do we request personal information?
The main reason for collecting, processing and storing your personal information is to be able to provide you with the services you have requested. These services could include new product information, updates, and surveys..
Personal information will be collected and stored by DisabledGear.com or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the services you have requested.
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information in order for us to provide the services you have requested.
- For security, administrative and legal purposes.
- To update and enhance the website and the services it provides.
Where we ask you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent.
We may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail using the contact details you have provided. If, for instance, you do not wish us to contact you by telephone, then you do not need to give us your number. However, this may mean we are unable to provide you with all our services.
- By completing the “register with DisabledGear.com” form, you are consenting to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
- You can be assured that any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- If you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, please tell us by clicking here
- All our automated email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option which you can use to tell us you no longer wish us to send you emails.
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act requires you to request this in writing. We may make a charge of up to £10 to provide the information. Should you wish to make a request The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, DisabledGear.com, Crampmoor Farmhouse, Crampmoor, ROMSEY. SO51 9AJ.
What information do we store?
The information that we store about you will be either taken:
- Directly from your registration details; or
- From information about your visits to this website which is automatically recorded by our web server (see further information below about Cookies).
What are cookies?
This website can place certain bits of information called "cookies" in a visitor's computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. It is sent to your browser from a website's computers and will be stored on your computer's hard drive.
They can also be used to access your information when you 'sign-in', this will enable us to provide you with personalised content.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to receive personalised information on our website. You will, however, still be able to use the website.
Cookie Name: language_id
Description: This cookie stores a number relating to your preferred language if you have chosen a language other than English
Expiration: Cookie expires when the browser is closed
Cookie Name: user
Description: This cookie stores a number indicating that you have logged in. It is used to allow you to navigate the site without having to log in again until you log out.
Expiration: Expires upon log out
Cookie Name: permission
Description: This cookie stores the word "granted" if you have chosen to allow cookies on the site. It is used to hide the cookie message.
Expiration: Cookie expires when the browser is closed
In addition, DisabledGear.com uses Google Analytics as a measurement tool. Google Analytics sets some cookies, and the information for those cookies follows.
Cookie Name: __utma
Description: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to our site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted from the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits our site, a new
__utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
Expiration: 2 years from set/update.
Cookie Name: __utmb
Description: This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with our site. When you view a page on our site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time you visit a different page on our site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when you pause on a page on our site for longer than 30 minutes.
Expiration: 30 minutes from set/update.
Cookie Name: __utmz
Description: This cookie stores the type of referral used by you to reach our site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our site. The cookie is updated with each page view.
Expiration: 6 months from set/update.
Who else might see my personal information?
DisabledGear.com and our agents will not share your personal information with any other company.
However, any links to other websites are for your convenience, and their presence on our website should not be taken as an endorsement by DisabledGear.com.
We will share your information where required to do so by relevant legislation, or court orders.
Should DisabledGear.com limited be acquired by another company, customer information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owners.
DisabledGear.com may update this policy at any time. If we do this, it will be highlighted on the Home Page, so that you are aware of the need to check it again.